My SQL help
Personal Server Editing|
Use this method if you wish to edit your documents offline (on your hard drive), uploading
to your website only when you choose. You must have installed the Microsoft Personal Web Server (included with
FrontPage 97 & 98) to use this feature.
PART 1: Editing your site locally
1. Run Microsoft FrontPage Explorer
Click your Start button, then Programs, Microsoft FrontPage
2. Choose "Open FrontPage Web..." from the "File" menu.
3. Choose the "More Webs..." button.
4. Enter "localhost" or "127.0.0.1" as your webserver name, then choose "List Webs".
5. Double-click on "<Root Web>."
6. Enter your username and password.
This is your personal webserver password... NOT your Opt2.net password.
Once you successfully enter your username and password,
you will be presented with a graphical view of your site. Create new files and
edit existing files using the familiar "file explorer" interface. You can upload non-HTML files by
dragging them into the FrontPage Explorer from another application.
All editing is done on your local hard drive and is not automatically published to your website. Follow
the instructions below when you wish to update your site.
PART 2: Publishing your site
1. Choose "Publish" from the "File" menu.
2. Choose the "More Webs..." button.
3. Enter your webserver URL (http://www.opt2.net), then choose "OK".
4. Enter your Opt2.net username and password as appropriate.
The locally-edited website will then be published to your actual website at Opt2.net. This process can take as long as 10 minutes, depending on the size of your site, and the speed of your connection.