What's in it for me?
If you are a web visitor that just happened in, you are encouraged to use the directory and/or search box, and use the WebWormHole like you would any internet portal. WebWormHole.com uses the Open Directory Project, or ODP for short. The ODP indexes 2 Million human reviewed sites, and in our opinion, is the best directory service on the web. It's 100% volunteer run and available to anyone who wants to take the time, energy, and effort to set it up on their site. In fact, you can become a volunteer if you want. Just click on the box at the bottom of any ODP page and you'll learn how!
If you are a domain owner, WebWormHole.com allows you to:
- Increase the value of your domain by promoting it via the internet or conventional media to lead people to a site that has great content and is well connected to the net.
- Increase the value of your domains by providing accurate and verifiable hit tracking to substantiate your asking price for your domain.
- Submit your domain to search engines and link pages to build traffic, even before you actually have a website.
- Test and track your hits on all your domains with the Domain-O-Meter,TM showing which domains are the most used and memorable.
- Publicly display your hits and appraisals, or keep them private.
- Have your own "vanity" Web Directory which you can tell your friends and family about, pretending it's yours, and use just like any search engine or directory service.
Can I become a member? Do I have to register my domain through you?
Anyone who owns a domain that is not being used can use our service. If your domain is already registered via another registrar, you can still use our service. All that is required is that you own the domain (it must be paid for) and it's not being used. (Being "parked" at another website is not considered being used.) If you don't have your name registered yet, we can do that for you and automatically set everything up. To register a domain name, use our parent company, Opt2.net by clicking here. (It's only $14.95/domain (or less). To become a member of WebWormHole.com (It's free.) just fill out the WormFormTM. .
How do I park my unused domains here?
First thing you need to do is complete the WormFormTM. Next, you need to update the DNS (Domain Name Server) entries to point to our servers. This is very easy to do. Just contact the technical administrator for your domain and give him or her the following information:
name server1: ns1.opt2.net
name server2: ns2.opt2.net
If Opt2.net registered your domain for you, we'll automatically have it setup for you. You'll just have to create your control account. (More on that in a bit).
What happens when I'm ready to use my domain?
You update the DNS to point to your new server, and here's the big payoff, you take your customers with you! All your promotion goes with your domain when you finally are ready to use or sell it. So instead of starting off a site from "square one" with no traffic, you can build traffic before you write your first html page using WebWormHole.com and then take that traffic with you when you put up your website! Build enough traffic and you could become the next Yahoo!
Have more questions? See our "More FAQ" file! :-)